We have just begun the Interior Redecoration Project, spanning the Grill Room through the Lobby and all the way out to the Office Foyer. Essentially, most everything will be redone except for the Dining Room. Just about all areas will be touched in some fashion, such as new paint in the Restrooms and new carpeting in the Offices and Pro Shop. It has been 6 years since any updating has been done from the last renovation, and 12 years for the areas that we use the most, such as the Grill Room, Club Room, and Hallways. Styles and trends have changed drastically in recent years, and we feel that this facelift will bring our clubhouse current with all the other new and recently renovated clubhouses around SWFL. It will be very exciting!
Tuesday and Wednesday, the Lakeview Room was closed and prepped for painting. All pictures and valences were removed and holes repaired, and primer was sprayed on the trim. All Lakeview Room and Greens Room chairs, and 5 bar stools have been taken away to be reupholstered already. We expect them back by the time we reopen from shutdown on Aug 23rd.
Here is a brief schedule for the project as we know it to be right now:
- Currently: Painting and re-carpeting the Lakeview Room and Club Room. Chairs being reupholstered in Lakeview and Greens. Tables being touched up. There will only be 5 barstools through this weekend.
- Next week (during shutdown): Painting the Grill Room, Hallways, Bathrooms, Conference Room, Greens Room, and Foyer. Messy part should be finished by the time we reopen Aug 23rd.
- After Aug 23rd: carpeting needs to be installed in the Greens Room, Hallways, Conference Room, Offices, and Pro Shop. I will notify the membership when I find out an installation date, and will make every attempt to do it on a Wednesday when we are closed
- New Chairs and Tables in the Grill and Club Rooms will be delivered. Date TBD
- New Lighting fixtures and Furnishings to be delivered and installed. Date TBD
- Lobby work is being scheduled now. I will provide details as we go along
The main takeaway at the moment is that most of the work is being done swiftly and unobtrusively. That said, carpeting and chairs will take a few weeks, and I do not have dates for installation yet. Please be patient while we get this done as soon as possible, and keep an eye out for more information.
I would be remiss if I did not thank Lauren McGarvey and Jack Noller of Noller Design, House Chairman Paula Lockhart and her Committee: Fran Bussey, Patti Fitzgerald, Jessie Lovatt, Peggy Shick, Dick Pilc and the prior House Committee members Patty Kraska and Binnie Bragg.
More improvements: Paving
Asphalt repaving of Spring Run will take place over a couple years, starting with the most critical areas, which, according to our engineering study, are those where we run the greatest possibility of damage to the limerock road bed. Next Tuesday, Aug 14th, Ajax Paving will begin to mill and pave Spring Run Blvd at Sandy Creek Terrace west past Winding Stream and Maintenance, through Willow Creek. Then, down Sandy Creek to SRB again. Milling will take 2 days (Tuesday and Wednesday) and paving 2 days Thursday and Friday). There will be plenty of flaggers, signs, and cones to keep traffic moving and allow access to units. If you have any concerns, please feel free to reply back below.
Hope your summer is going well!