Dear Spring Run Member,
I wanted to let our members know what the Club is doing to be proactive in preventing a potential spread of coronavirus in Spring Run. Fortunately, there are no known cases in the Community, and only 19 reported in Florida to date, but there are many residents voicing concerns about the unknown. Members travel abroad, or up North, and can possibly return to spread this disease without even knowing it. To that end, here are some proactive measures we are taking:
- Installed Purell hand sanitizers around the clubhouse. Please use them!
- Purchased a Botanical Disinfectant Solution called Bioesque for our day porter to wipe down handles and surfaces on a daily basis
- Scheduled a complete top to bottom disinfection routine twice a week through our facilities cleaning service.
- Informed employees who are feeling sick to stay home and go to the doctor. We cover them with paid time off so they don’t feel they have to come in when they are ill
- Encourage anyone travelling abroad or coming back from a cruise to self-quarantine themselves until they can get tested.
Mark Oroyan is the point person in charge of Coronavirus Prevention plans and communication, and you can expect more detailed information and helpful tips from him later this afternoon. We are monitoring Lee County Health Dept and the CDC website for up to date information on any new cases, and will stay in touch with you as new information arises. We will be prepared to discontinue large gatherings and alter services in the event it is necessary.
All flu viruses are concerning, as influenza A can disrupt the workplace and harm an older population. Hopefully you got your flu shot this season. The coronavirus is so concerning, though, since there is so much we don’t know about it, and there is no vaccine or cure yet. Therefore, we will be vigilant and proactive to protect our members and employees throughout the course of this event.
Michael G. Zigler, CCM, CAM
Spring Run Golf Club Community Assoc.